Summary: Responsible for business systems analysis & programming. Evaluates requests for new or modified computer programs to determine feasibility, cost and time required, compatibility with current system, and computing and communications resource needs. Identifies and documents system requirements. Develops technical and functional system designs. Formulates development and project plans, outlining the steps required to create the system. Uses structured analysis and design techniques and other methodologies and processes consistent with the corporation’s standards and practices. Plans, develops, tests, and documents computer programs, applying knowledge of programming techniques and computer systems. Applies good project management skills.
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Memphis, TN
Technical Recruiter: Trish Corlew 901-878-0043 Trish.Corlew@DigeratiSearch.com
- 4+ years experience and training in a development role using Microsoft .Net tools
- Significant experience with database technology with an emphasis on SQL Server and Oracle
- Experience identifying and documenting requirements and in developing appropriate technical and functional system designs
- Experience with an SDLC (Systems Development Life Cycle)
- Experience using code and documentation repositories
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and serve as a team leader
- Excellent verbal and written communications ability.
- Mastery of the Microsoft .Net suite of development tools, including Visual Studio, C#, Visual Basic, and Visual Basic for Applications
- Ability to identify and document requirements
- Ability to develop effective functional and technical designs
- Ability to design and develop intuitive and effective user interfaces for client-based and web-based applications, including mobile platforms
- Ability to develop and implement effective database designs for Oracle and SQL Server.
- Ability to develop applications that use Oracle and SQL Server as well as SQL Server Reporting Services
- Knowledge of popular development methodologies and SDLC’s
- Ability to follow an SDLC
- Ability to develop clear and concise system documentation
- Knowledge of project management principles and techniques
Nice to Have Skills & Experience
- Experience using testing tools
- Experience in application development for mobile devices (iOS and Android)
- Sharepoint development experience
- Experience as a project manager
- Microsoft Project skills
- Visio skills
- Excel skills
- Knowledge of ERP systems
- Ability to develop data analysis and reporting systems using popular BI (Business Intelligence) tools such as Business Objects, Cognos, SAP, etc.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university or equivalent experience in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Management Information Systems preferred
A privately held, global specialty company with headquarters in Memphis, TN, committed to safeguarding the environment, maintaining safety in the workplace, and promoting sustainable development. Our client works proactively and collaboratively with its worldwide customers to deliver exceptional service and innovative solutions to help boost productivity, reduce risk, improve product quality, and provide a measurable return on investment.