Status: Position is closed.
Summary: Our client is growing! They are hiring a resource that is responsible for leading the development, implementation, and growth of their information systems department and strategies. As both a strategist and a hands-on participant, the Lead Information Systems Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing cohesive vision for the client’s information systems and security department and, in partnership with the executive leadership team, developing and implementing effective processes, programs and systems to achieve that vision. These processes include ongoing development and design of a corporate network and support structure, a comprehensive security management process that includes monitoring and tracking against vulnerabilities, research and implementation of new systems and solutions that align with the corporate vision, and management and oversight of all internal and external web-based applications and tools. Supports other functional areas as directed and performs other duties as assigned. This position is located in the Memphis office and reports to the Manager of Information Systems and Security.
Title: Lead Information Systems Engineer
Type: Direct Hire
Location: Memphis, TN
Technical Recruiter: Trish Corlew 901-878-0043 Trish.Corlew@DigeratiSearch.com
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with IS support staff to implement global IT changes and develop a long-term strategic plan that meets the needs of our business.
- Lead IT staff in identifying IT technologies that bring competitive advantage to our business.
- Assist and or take lead in creating corporate IT policies and procedures.
- Maintain alignment with security and confidentiality policies and procedures (PCI, etc.)
- Manage software licensing and contracts for all products and services within area of responsibility.
- Manage hardware inventory and tracking for all products within area of responsibility.
- Manage vendor/consultant relationships.
- Define and implement service level agreements with IT service providers.
- Develop and evaluate options in infrastructure planning to support new applications and technologies.
- Design, specification, implementation, and support of all servers, desktop, and network infrastructure.
- Lead the IT team in effectively managing and administering all IT, VTC, phone, and network infrastructures.
- Perform all duties of the System Administrator, as needed.
- Work closely with the Manager of Information Systems and Security on project planning and implementation to ensure alignment with corporate goals and objectives.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes:
- This position requires expertise in the analysis, design, implementation, and support of technology and application related projects such as computing platforms, network and phone infrastructure, system software products and communication interfaces to meet business requirements.
- He/she must be a fast learner and willing to engage in self-study to increase knowledge of any company technology where they do not possess expertise.
- Experience and/or knowledge of the following platforms/technologies/processes:Strong understanding of network technologies and encryption/security solutions.
- Windows 2003/2008 Server platforms.
- SQL and Access database administration and programming.
- Advanced knowledge of other Microsoft Server products, such as Exchange 2007/2010, SQL Server, and SharePoint.
- Solid understanding of protocols such as TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, FTP, SSL, SMTP.
- Knowledge of VOIP, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, Wireless Controllers, VTC applications and systems.
- Experience with network management and monitoring systems.
- Data cabling / computer facilities knowledge experience and management.
- Enclosures, Tape Backup solutions, and SANs. (Dell equilogic Iscsi)
- Excellent written, verbal communication and educational presentation skills.
- Self-starter who requires minimal supervision to reach goals and objectives.
- Strong project management, analysis and communication skills.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationship with supervisor, team members, and vendors
- Ability to work in a project based environment and within a collaborative team environment.
- Extensive computer skills in MS Office applications and support.
- Self directed, must able to define both technical and business problems and create appropriate solutions.
- Must be able to troubleshoot difficult hardware and software problems.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to quickly assess and prioritize in order to meet project deadlines.
- Must be able to move various computer, server, and rack equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively orally and in writing, including the ability to describe complex systems in non-technical terms.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a related field or equivalent experience preferred.
- Technical and functional experience with Internet/Intranet security applications and systems is required.
- Experience in procurement, Inventory and Asset Management of IT equipment.
- Technical certifications are a plus (MCP, MCSA, or MCSE, CCDA, CCNA, CCA, VCP, etc.).