Contract Project Manager I Position in Las Vegas
Title: Contract Project Manager Position
Location: Las Vegas
Length: 6 – 12 Months
Technical Recruiter: Trish Corlew 901-878-0800 or Trish.Corlew@DigeratiSearch.com
Click “READ MORE” at the bottom of the post to see the rest of the post!
Our client has an immediate need for this position, possibly two. Will be on-site in Las Vegas.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – Professional and Technical Competencies:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
• Minimum 21 years of age.
• Minimum of 2+ years experience in Project Management.
• PMP Certification preferred.
• Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships with key stakeholders.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects, often in parallel to other projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft® Project and Excel.
• Exceptional writing skills.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and facilitation skills.
• Strong analytic, problem solving, and critical thinking skills.
• Ability to recognize, manage, and resolve conflicting situations.
• Decisive and effective with issue and resolution tracking.
• Exceptional time and resource skills.
• Solid interpersonal skills with the ability to function on all levels including executive, peer group, and customer.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals. This individual will function with a high degree of integrity and credibility, and is expected to bring the knowledge and experience necessary when achieving goals and success is the primary goal. This is an opportunity to grow and achieve long-term goals.
The points listed below represent a sample of the day-to-day expectations of this position:
• Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to ascertain project scope, budget, and schedule.
• Through coordination with the CEO, Director of Project Management, other department leaders, and key stakeholders, create and maintain the project roadmap.
• Determine resource requirements, to include project team members, software, and hardware, based on project specifications.
• Assemble and coordinate project staff.
• Track and report project deliverables using appropriate tools (e.g., Microsoft® Project and/or Excel).
• To all project team members, communicate the importance of following the project roadmap.
• Provide direction and support for the project team.
• With all stakeholders, schedule and deliver regular, detailed updates, to include current status, completed tasks, upcoming tasks, risks, and open issues.
• Manage changes to the project and/or resources as needed.
• Set and manage client expectations for deliverables and schedules.
• Manage day-to-day interaction with the client.
• Communicate clearly and effectively with clients to identify needs and evaluate business needs.
• Communicate any implications to changes of the project scope and/or plan to the client and project team.
• Manage scope creep through communication, change orders, phased delivery, or other methods to ensure projects are delivered as scheduled and within scope and strategy expectations.
• Evaluate all final products as compared to specified requirements to ensure high quality and client acceptance.